Administrator……….refers to Free Form Factory, Inc. (“FFF”)
Coverage…………….. refers to the component protection YOU have been provided as shown on the WARRANTY REGISTRATION PAGE
Failure………………….FAILURE is defined as a FAILURE of a defective part or faulty workmanship as supplied by the Manufacturer or Distributor, but does not include gradual reduction in operating performance due to wear or tear
or damage resulting from FAILURE of non-covered parts.
Warranty………………refers to this WARRANTY provided by FFF to protect YOUR UNIT.
We, Us, Our…………….refers to the entity who is obligated to perform under this WARRANTY, as indicated on the WARRANTY REGISTRATION PAGE.
You, Your ……………..refers to the WARRANTY holder named on the WARRANTY REGISTRATION PAGE or the person to whom this WARRANTY was properly transferred.
Unit ……………………..refers to the Unit which is described on the WARRANTY REGISTRATION PAGE, which cannot be used for rental, or for-hire purposes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following represents the Coverage, What to do in the Event of a Failure and Exclusions of Your Warranty. This document is an Application for the Warranty and does not constitute a Warranty until accepted by Administrator.
1) WARRANTY PERIOD
Coverage under this Warranty begins on the start date and at the start hours. This Warranty shall end upon the passing of the number of months specified under Warranty Term or the number of hours (start hours plus hours
shown in the Warranty Term), whichever occurs first.
2) FAILURE OF COVERED PARTS
We will pay or reimburse You for reasonable costs to repair or replace any Failure of a part included in Your Coverage. Replacement parts may be new, remanufactured or replacement parts of like kind and quality.
This Warranty is limited to Failures which occur, and repairs that are made, within the United States of America, Canada, Europe, and Australia. For territories not listed, please contact Administrator.
4) LIMIT OF LIABILITY
The aggregate Limit of Liability for the term of this Warranty shall not exceed the actual cash value of the components covered under this Warranty.
5) OUR RIGHT TO RECOVERY
If We pay anything under this Warranty and You have a right to recover from another party, Your rights will become Our rights up to the amount We paid. You will do whatever is necessary to enable Us to enforce these rights.
6) TRANSFER RIGHTS
This Warranty is for the benefit of the original Warranty holder and is transferable to another person, subject to a transfer fee and inspection providing:
Proof of transfer of the remaining manufacturer’s warranty is provided, if applicable.
Warranty is being transferred to a subsequent private purchaser of Your Unit. (Transfer rights are voided when Unit is either traded, sold or put on consignment to an individual or entity engaged in the wholesale or retail sale,
leasing or rental of Units.)
You must submit the following:
a) Transfer application (Available from Administrator).
b) Bill of sale showing sale date and hours at time of sale.
c) $50.00 Transfer fee made payable to the Administrator within thirty (30) days of the transfer of Unit ownership.
7) MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
You must maintain Your Unit according to the manufacturer’s recommendations as outlined in the owner’s manual. Your owner’s manual may have separate required maintenance schedules for “normal” and “more severe”
operating conditions. You are required to follow the maintenance schedule and battery charging protocols that applies to Your conditions. You must be sure only the proper grade of lubricants and coolants, as recommended by
the manufacturer, is used in Your Unit. It is necessary for You to retain verifiable receipts for all parts and materials necessary to perform the required maintenance. If necessary, this documentation will be verified by the
If We and You do not agree on the settlement of any claim, either party may make a written request for arbitration. In this event, each party shall select an arbitrator. The two arbitrators shall select a third. If they cannot agree on a
third within thirty (30) days, either may request that the selection be made by a judge of a court having jurisdiction. Each party shall pay the expenses they incur, and bear the expenses of the third party arbitrator equally. A
decision agreed to by any two of the arbitrators shall be binding on both parties.
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A FAILURE
1) Prevent Further Damage – You should use all reasonable means and precautions to protect Your Unit from further damage. This Warranty will not cover damage caused by not securing a timely repair of the failed component.
2) If Your Unit breaks down, return to the Issuing Distributor during normal service department hours. If this is not possible, take Your Unit to the licensed repair facility of your choice (You may contact Administrator for assistance
in locating a repair facility).
3) Instruct the repair facility that they must obtain an authorization number from Administrator prior to proceeding with repairs. The amount so authorized is the maximum that will be paid. Any additional amounts need prior
4) In some cases, You may be required to authorize the repair facility to inspect or tear down Your Unit to determine the cause and cost of the repair. You will be responsible for these charges if Failure is not covered by this
Warranty. We reserve the right to require an inspection of Your Unit prior to any repair being performed.
5) After Administrator has been contacted, review with the repair facility components that will be covered by this Warranty.
6) Administrator will reimburse the repair facility or You for the cost of authorized repairs performed on Your Unit,. All repair orders and necessary documentation must be submitted to Administrator within thirty (30) days to
qualify for payment.
SERVICE DEPARTMENT GUIDELINES FOR CLAIMS HANDLING
Follow these steps when handling a claim:
1) Advise Warranty holder that evaluation of a Failure does not mean that the repair is covered under this Warranty. All covered repairs must receive prior authorization by Administrator.
2) Have Warranty holder authorize inspection/tear down of the Unit to determine Failure’s cause and cost to repair. Save all components, including fluids and filters, should Administrator require outside inspection. Notify Warranty
Holder that cost of tear down will not be paid if it is determined that Failure is not covered under this Warranty.
3) Determine the cause of Failure, correction required and cost of the repairs.
4) Contact Administrator’s Claims Advisor at (855-243-3733) to get authorization to proceed with the claim. Be prepared with the following when placing the call:
a) Customer’s Name and Warranty Number.
b) Cause of Failure and recommended correction.
c) Cost of repair.
5) The Claims Advisor will verify coverage and do one of the following:
a) Approve Claim – If approved, you will be given an authorization number to be recorded on the repair order. The authorized amount is the maximum that will be paid. Additional amounts must receive prior approval.
b) Require Additional Evaluation, Inspection or Tear Down – Administrator may require an inspection prior to repair being completed. If a tear down is required to determine cause of Failure, Warranty holder must authorize
same. Notify Warranty holder that if the repair is not covered, then Warranty holder will be responsible for cost of the tear down. Repair facility should save all components requiring inspection. The Claims Advisor will
arrange for the inspection. If inspection is not made within forty-eight (48) hours, contact the Claims Advisor.
c) Deny the claim and provide the reason for the denial.
6) Review Administrator’s findings with Warranty holder as well as what will be covered by Warranty and what portion of the repairs, if any, will not be covered.
7) Obtain Warranty holder’s authorization to complete repairs. All repair orders must have customer’s signature to qualify for payment.
8) Submit repair order(s) which should contain Warranty number, authorization number and authorized amount to Administrator within thirty (30) days at the following address:
Free Form Factory Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
9777 Business Park Drive, Suite D
Sacramento, CA 95827
Parts not listed are not covered.
This Warranty Provides NO Coverage or Benefits for the following:
A.) ANY FAILURE RESULTING FROM COLLISION; INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL FIRE; THEFT; VANDALISM; RIOT; EXPLOSION; LIGHTNING; EARTHQUAKE; FREEZING; RUST OR CORROSION; SMOKE OR SOOT; WINDSTORM; PESTS; HAIL; WATER OR
FLOOD; FREEZING OR ICE DAMAGE; REVERSE POLARITY; ACTS OF GOD;
CHEMICALS; SALT, SAP, SAND, DIRT OR OTHER OBSTACLES; COSMETIC OR PAINT CHANGES; ELECTROLYSIS; ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE; DETERIORATION, CONDENSATION, CONTAMINATION OR LOSS OF FLUIDS OR COOLANTS OR
B.) ANY FAILURE CAUSED BY MISUSE; ABUSE; NEGLIGENCE; LACK OF NORMAL MAINTENANCE REQUIRED BY THE MANUFACTURER’S MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE FOR YOUR UNIT; IMPROPER SERVICING BY YOU AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE
OF THIS WARRANTY; NOT MAINTAINING PROPER LEVELS OF LUBRICANTS AND/OR COOLANTS; OR NOT PROTECTING THE UNIT FROM FURTHER DAMAGE WHEN A FAILURE HAS OCCURRED.
C.) ANY REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF A COVERED PART IF A FAILURE HAS NOT OCCURRED; ANY UNAUTHORIZED REPAIR.
D.) IF ANY ALTERATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE TO YOUR UNIT THAT MAY EFFECT THIS PRODUCT OR YOU ARE USING, OR HAVE USED, YOUR UNIT IN A MANNER NOT RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER. THIS WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE
LIMITED TO, THE FAILURE OF ANY CUSTOM OR ADD-ON PART; AND OR MODIFICATIONS TO THE MOTOR, POWER PACKS, WIRING, ELECTRONICS, HULL, DECK, AND HOOD.
E.) ANY LIABILITY FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR FOR INJURY TO OR DEATH OF ANY PERSON(S) ARISING OUT OF THE OPERATION, MAINTENANCE OR USE OF YOUR UNIT, WHETHER OR NOT RELATED TO THE PARTS
COVERED. LOSS OF TIME, PROFIT, INCONVENIENCE, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM A FAILURE. ANY COST DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPGRADING OF A COVERED PART OR COMPONENT THAT IS NO LONGER IN
PRODUCTION, OBSOLETE OR NOT COST EFFECTIVE TO REPLACE (REPLACEMENT VALUE OF THE ORIGINAL PART WILL BE THE MAXIMUM ALLOWED); ANY COSTS IN EXCESS OF THE ACTUAL WHOLESALE OR TRADE-IN VALUE OF THE UNIT AT
THE TIME OF THE REPAIR OR FAILURE. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR DAMAGES FOR BAD FAITH, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY INCLUDING BODILY INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, INCIDENTAL
OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY STATED IN THE WARRANTY) AND ATTORNEY’S FEES.
F.) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING CERTAIN THAT TEMPERATURE WARNING LIGHTS/GAUGES ARE FUNCTIONING PROPERLY. YOU MUST CEASE OPERATION OF THE UNIT WHEN THE LIGHTS/GAUGES INDICATES INADEQUATE PROTECTION
G.) WHEN RESPONSIBILITY FOR A REPAIR IS COVERED BY AN INSURANCE POLICY; WARRANTY FROM THE MANUFACTURER INCLUDING EXTENDED DRIVE TRAIN, MAJOR COMPONENT OR FULL COVERAGE
WARRANTIES; A REPAIRER’S GUARANTEE/WARRANTY; OR FAILURES FOR WHICH THE MANUFACTURER HAS ANNOUNCED ITS RESPONSIBILITY THROUGH ANY MEANS, INCLUDING RECALL CAMPAIGNS AND FACTORY SERVICE BULLETINS.
H.) ANY FAILURE OCCURRING PRIOR TO THE WARRANTY ISSUE DATE, OR IF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU OR A REPAIR FACILITY CANNOT BE VERIFIED AS ACCURATE OR IS FOUND TO BE INACCURATE.
I.) ANY FAILURE OCCURRING OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
J.) IF ITS ORIGINAL IDENTIFICATION (TRADE-MARK, SERIAL NUMBER) MARKINGS HAVE BEEN DEFACED, ALTERED OR REMOVED.
K.) ANY FAILURE OF A COMPONENT CAUSED BY THE FAILURE OF ANOTHER COMPONENT EXCEPT FOR A FAILURE TO THE MOTOR, MOTOR CONTROLLER, HANDLE POLE, PUMP, HULL, DECK, HOOD AND ELECTRICAL SUB-ASSEMBLIES, AND
APPROVED FFF ACCESSORIES INSTALLED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE BY AN AUTHORIZED FFF DISTRIBUTOR. ALSO, ZF POWER PACKS AS SET FORTH HEREIN. WARRANTY TERM DESCRIBED IS 24 MONTHS.
Free Form Factory Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
9777 Business Park Drive, Suite D
Sacramento, CA 95827